The statue is in Bangalore, India. Yoga is an old discipline from India. Yoga uses breathing techniques, exercise and meditation. It claims to improve health and happiness. Yoga is the Sanskirt word for union.
Vinyasa can be translated as "arranging poses in a specific way". In a Vinyasa Yoga class students coordinate movements with the breath to flow from one pose to another, breath-synchronized movement. These movements are smooth, flowing and dance like, which is why it is sometimes called Vinyasa Flow.
Benefits of Yoga include, but not limited to:
- Increased flexibility.
- Synchronized breathing and moving calms the mind.
- Increased muscle strength and tone.
- Improves posture.
- Improved resiration, energy and vitality.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- Weight reduction.
- Cardio and circulatory health.
- Improved athletic performance.
- Improves balance.
- Promotes relaxation.
- Helps your focus and concentration.
- Helps to ease pain.
- Helps you develop better sleep patterns.
- Protects from injury.
- Drains your Lymph's and boosts your immunity.
- Teaches you deep breathing to work your lungs.
- Helps your mind move through energy blocks in the body.